Wrestlers Rescue, a very worthy cause, is Sunday, Sept. 14 at the Radisson in Piscataway, N.J.
Meet Torrie Wilson, Terri Runnels, Mick Foley, Dawn Marie, Tammy Sytch, Missy Hyatt, Iron Sheik, Superfly Snuka, Greg Valentine, Lou Albano, Balls Mahoney, Nikolai Volkoff, Lanny Poffo, Brutus Beefcake, JJ Dillon, Sandman, Manny Fernandez, Baywatch's Traci Bingham, boxing legend Emile Griffith and others.
There will be a wrestling convention/autograph session and a semi-formal dinner with the stars. For up-to-date information on the star-studded celebrity guests, schedule, prices, super tickets, auction, charity, etc. visit WrestlersRescue.Org. Check out sendspace.com/file/jh6awk.
Questions about the event, e-mail Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Independent Championship Wrestling, Inc, is 6:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 14 at its headquarters, 124 NW 15th Ave., Miami.
ICW champ Shawn Prime vs. DSW/NRW/NAW champ J-Biggs. ICW United States tag team champs Dade County Collision vs. The Midnight Studds (J.T. Flash and Bobby Sanford).
In a six-man Bull in the Ring match, ICW Pure X Crown champ Skull Mussolini vs. Cuba's Q-Ba Libre vs. United Kingdom's The Photogenix's Romano Exchange ST and Vega vs. former FOW Light Heavyweight champ J-Dawg Brooks vs. The Network's Five Star Superstar Maxx Stardom.
ICW women's champ Angel Rose of the Network vs. Caribbean Queen Calypso. For the Latin American title, The Wild Stallions (Latin American champ Ricky Turbo and Anjel Gibson) vs. The Rude Awakening's Teddy Khan and that masked man Skorpio.
Parts Unknown native Hitman Machine wvs. Upper Classman Ernest R. Alexander III. Also, The Network's Mykal Manix, Rude Awakening's David Diamond and Kristy Kash, ICW Director of Authority Dash Maverick and ICW Commissioner Joker.
Tickets $5 general admission, free children 3-and-younger. Visit IndyCW.com. E-mail ICWowner@bellsouth.net.
• Florida Championship Wrestling, the feeder group to WWE, is 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Bourbon Street Night Club, 4331 US 19 N., New Port Richey, Fla. Tickets $7 at the door.
• Jersey All Pro Wrestling teams with the Beachwood Pine Beach Little League for a fundraiser to benefit the organization at 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 19 at the Toms River Intermediate South Middle School, 1675 Pinewald Rd., Beachwood, N.J.
See TNA's The War Machine Rhino, Black Machismo Jay Lethal, Sonjay Dutt and TNA and JAPW tag team champs LAX. Plus, former WWE star Nunzio, the SATs, JAPW's Dan Maff, The Heavy Hitters, Champion Kenny Omega, New Jersey state champ The Grim Reefer and more.
Call 201-377-0308 or e-mail Frank at email@example.com.
• APWF is 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 20 at Matanzas High School, 3535 N Old Kings Rd., Palm Coast, Fla.
Former WWE developmental talent Francisco Ciatso with Hardcore Giant Ron Niemi vs. TNA's Kip James, formerly of WWE. Hardcore Giant Ron Niemi vs. former WWE star Jake The Snake Roberts. Former WWE star Doug Basham vs. The Sheik. Former WWE and TNA stars Shane Twins vs. Loggers. The Bug vs. CJ O'Doyle. Pat McGroin and Kory Chavis vs. The Lifeguards.
Tickets $20 ringside, $10 bleachers. Proceeds benefit the Matanzas Pirate Football Team. Call 813-960-8412.
• The Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup is Friday, Sept. 26 at The New Lakes in the Regency Park Civic Center, 8330 Civic Dr., Port Richey, Fla. and Saturday, Sept. 27 at the Brooksville National Guard Armory, 16386 Springhill Dr., Brooksville, Fla.
The participants are Gran Akuma (Chikara Pro), Jigsaw (Ring of Honor), Campus Legend Brad Attitude (former WWE development), Jaison Moore (Pro Wrestling Riot), Craig Classic (Big Japan Pro Wrestling), Nooie Lee (GEAR), Sweet and Sour Larry Sweeney (Ring of Honor/FIP), Kenny King (Ring of Honor/FIP), Sal Rinauro (Ring of Honor/G.E.A.R.), C.J. O'Doyle (Pro Wrestling Riot), Erick Stevens (Ring of Honor/Full Impact Pro), Tommy Taylor (former WWE Development), Addicted To Love Rhett Titus (Ring of Honor), Jon Davis (Believe/D1PW), Chris Jones (Pro Wrestling Fusion) and Chris Gray (former WWE development).
The Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup in conjunction with the Tammie Hamaoui Foundation, Pro Wrestling Riot, World Wrestling Network and Floridawrestlingfans.com will be running this year's tournament as fundraiser for Port Richey 2-year-old Devin Deschaine and his mom.
She is single and needs help paying the bills. He also has a few upcoming procedures his insurance won't cover.
Devin is in Stage 4 Neuroblastoma, a rare form of cancer. About 600 children in the country will be diagnosed with Neuroblastoma each year. About 30 percent will survive.
In November 2002, independent wrestling star Jeff Peterson lost his long battle with cancer. On May 16, 2003, the Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup, a 16-competitor tournament in honor of the fallen star, debuted in Florida.
Previous winners of the annual tournament are Reckless Youth Tom Carter, Justice, Chris Sabin, Milano Collection AT and Chris Hero.
To purchase tickets or to make donations, go to jpc2008.com.
• Total Nonstop Action Pro Wrestling makes its South Florida debut at 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 27 at the BankUnited Center at the University of Miami in Coral Gables.
See TNA champ Samoa Joe, Booker T, A.J. Styles, TNA Knockouts women's champ Taylor Wilde, Christian Cage, Awesome Kong, TNA tag team champs Beer Money, Inc. ( James Storm and Robert Roode), Jacqueline, Motorcity Machine Guns, Cute Kip, TNA X Division champ Petey Williams, Consequences Creed, Traci Brooks and more.
Tickets ($20-$50) are on sale at the BankUnited Center Box Office, TicketMaster locations, TicketMaster online or charge by phone at 305-358-5885. TNA iMPACT! is 9 p.m. Thursdays on Spike TV.
• TNA is 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 28 at The Lakeland Center. Tickets also are on sale. Prices vary.
• TNA tapes TNA iMPACT! four times a month at Soundstage 21 of Universal Studios Orlando. Admission is free. Seats are first come, first serve.
• Pro Wrestling Unplugged is 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 27 at the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees, N.J.
PWU Title: Steel Cage: Teddy Fine with George Frankenstein vs. The Hardcore Icon The Sandman. Diamond Dallas Page and All Money is Legal vs. Savio Vega and the S.A.T. (Jose and Joel Maximo).
The New Jersey All Stars (Rage and Westler) vs. Angus Brothers vs. Team Macktion (T.J. and Kirby Mack) vs. a mystery tag team. DWF Tag Team Titles: The Lost Boyz (Yar and Wolf) with Doc Diamond vs. The Latin Connection (D-Krazed and El Monstro).
Ladder Grudge Match: Aramis vs. Lucky of the New Jersey All-Stars. DWF Title: Steel Cage: Rockin' Rebel vs. Sinister X.
Johnny Kashmere vs. Devon Moore. Barbed Wire Steel Cage: Kevin James vs. Joe Ettell vs. Loco. Rich Swann vs. Rocky Styles.
Two Ring Battle Royal: Cousin Luke, Bushwhacker Luke, 7-0 Annihilation, Twisted Sand (the son of the Sandman), The Southern Enforcer, the magician the Amazing John, Dr. Ruthless, Dave McCormick of PhiladelphiaRevolution.com, Man-Thing, Kwami, Salvatore Soprano with George Fuggetaboutit, Kage, Bash Manta, Big Nasty, a member of Survial Rate Zero and more.
• Former WWE star Savio Vega will conduct a training seminar 3-5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 28 at Devastation University in Pennsauken, N.J.
Learn from the former member of The Nation of Domination and Los Boricuas. Cost is $25. Vega is a TNA talent coordinator and a talent scout in Puerto Rico.
• The first DVD release through Combat Zone Wrestling's new international distribution deal is a historical look at some of the fieriest and most extreme matches in the company's near 10-year hardcore history, entitled Hotter Than Hell.
The DVD, which captures some of the classic moments in CZW history, will be released Sept. 30 in North America via Locomotive Vision/Ryko Distribution. Visit czwrestling.com.
• Fans seeking to participate in the South Florida homecoming of popular mixed martial arts star Kimbo Slice of Perrine have the opportunity to reserve their seats now. Slice will face MMA legend and former WWE/TNA pro wrestler Ken Shamrock, and the event will be broadcast live on CBS.
Tickets for the event on Saturday, Oct. 4 at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise start at $30. They are available at Ticketmaster outlets, by phone at 954-523-3309 in Broward County, 305-358-5885 in Dade County and 561-966-3309 in Palm Beach County, online at ticketmaster.com and at the BankAtlantic Center box offices 954-835-7825.
The first live fight on Oct. 4 begins at 6 p.m.
The fight card, headlined by the unbeaten, exciting Kimbo and talented, undefeated women's superstar Gina Carano is presented by Los Angeles-based ProElite, Inc.'s live fight division, EliteXC.
A major MMA attraction, Kimbo (3-0) possesses ferocious striking skills and is coming off a thrilling third-round TKO over England's James Colossus Thompson on May 31.
''I'll fight anybody, anywhere, but it's always nice to fight at home,'' said Kimbo, who required 62 seconds to dispatch of his initial two opponents.
Kimbo, also known as Kevin Ferguson, made a name for himself on the Internet where videos of the bald, bearded, menacing-looking, former underground bare-knuckle street fighter have been downloaded literally millions of times on YouTube.
Carano, also known as Crush on American Gladiators, is the most recognizable female MMA fighter in the world. A Muay Thai specialist, she registered a second-round TKO over Kaitlin Young in her last start on May 31.
Carano battles Kelly Kobald.
Also, Jake Shields vs. Paul Daley for the EliteXC Welterweight title. Murilo Ninja Rua vs. Benji Radach and more. Visit elitexc.com.
The third installment of CBS ELITEXC Saturday Night Fights will be broadcast live 9-11 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4 on CBS.
• WWE's Monday Night Raw is 7:30 p.m. Nov. 3 at the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa. Tickets go on sale Saturday, Oct. 4. Prices $70, $50, $40, $30 and $20.
WWE Raw has a house show 7:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 19 at the Bank Atlantic Center in (South Florida) Sunrise. Tickets ($60, $45, $35, $25 and $20) are on sale at the Bank Atlantic Center Box Office, TicketMaster locations, TicketMaster online or charge by phone at 305-358-5885.
WWE SmackDown/ECW has a house show 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 20 at the Leon County Civic Center in Tallahassee. Tickets go on sale Friday, Oct. 24. Prices $40, $30, $25 and $20.
• Ring of Honor, based in Bristol, Pa., is 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 10 at the (South Florida) Coral Springs Gymnasium, 2501 Coral Springs Dr.
ROH is 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 11 at the Orlando Downtown Recreation Complex, 649 W Linvingston St. Call 215-781-2500. Visit rohwrestling.com or tickets.com.
• Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling television series debuts 8 p.m. EST Oct. 18 on cable channel CMT.
The celebrities are Dustin Diamond from Saved by the Bell, Tiffany, Todd Bridges from Different Strokes, Trishelle from Real World, boxer Butterbean, Nikki Ziering from Playboy, Sylvester Stallone's acting/singing brother Frank, Erin Murphy from Bewitched, Danny Bonaduce and former NBA player Dennis Rodman. They will be learning to wrestle.
The reality-type television show, under the direction of Eric Bischoff (AWA/WCW/WWE), Jason Hervey (Wonder Years) and Hogan, was filmed in a converted warehouse in California.
WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Hart, Bischoff and Hogan will be the judges. Rodman previously worked with Bischoff and Hogan in WCW. Sylvester Stallone inducted Hogan into the WWE Hall of Fame.
Bischoff and Hervey run their own production company and co-produced a reality show on television sitcom star Scott Baio for VH-1 and actor/singer Billy Ray Cyrus for CMT as well as I Want To Be a Hilton for NBC. Hogan starred in Hogan Knows Best on VH-1.
• D1PW's second anniversary show is 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25 at the Davie PAL Gym, 4300 SW 57th Ter., (South Florida) Davie.
The Marquee Bruce Santee vs. former WWE star Savio Vega. Maximum Capacity vs. former WWE Spirit Squad member Mikey.
Francisco Ciatso with Amy Vitale vs. Jerrelle Clark. Tommy Vandal vs. Johnny Vandal in a ladder match.
Loggers vs. Heartbreak Express. Chris Jones vs. Dantastic. Falcon vs. Fabulous Frank. Sammie Joe vs. Lou Cypher.
Lifgeuards vs. Dark City Fight Club. Kimberly vs. Kellie. Craig Classic, Jaison Moore and more. Tickets $12 adults, $5 kids.
Call 954-554-7688. Visit d1pw.com.
• The Killer Kowalski Memorial Wrestling Show is 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 26 at the Irish-American Club in Malden, Mass. Proceeds will benefit the Walter Killer Kowalski Memorial Fund. See Tito Santana, Nikolai Volkoff and more. Visit superstarprowrestling.com.
• Florida Championship Wrestling, the feeder group to WWE, is Saturday, Nov. 15 at the Lee County Civic Center in Fort Myers, Fla. See talent signed to WWE developmental contracts. Go to fcwwrestling.com.
• The Funking Conservatory in Ocala, Fla. is the official training center in America for All Japan Pro Wrestling.
All Japan Pro Wrestling is run by President Keiji Muto (Great Muta), Osamu Nishimura, Masanobu Fuchi, Kyohei Wada and Uchida San.
The legendary Dory Funk Jr. heads the Funking Conservatory Wrestling School. Visit dory-funk.com.
• Between The Ropes wrestling radio is 6-8 p.m. EST Tuesdays on ESPN Florida AM 1080 and AM 1060. Brian Fritz, Vito DeNucci and Dickerman host the show which is simulcast worldwide online at BetweenTheRopes.com.
(Credit: The Miami Herald)